Article 4 of the PGRD defines personal data as "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person [...];" a natural person [...] can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
The categories of personal data we process.
The data collected through this site or in the course of phone calls may be, among others :
- your first and last name,
- your home address,
- your e-mail address,
- your phone number,
- your age,
- your login data and any other identification data.
The purposes of the processing of your data.
The communication of your personal data via this site is carried out for the purposes of advertising and promoting the products and services offered by Sewan Belgium, market research, statistical and actuarial studies, customer management and, where applicable, the proposal, negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts and electronic communications services offered by Sewan Belgium.
The communication of your personal data is done on a consent basis at the stage of advertising and promotion of the products and services offered by Sewan Belgium, market research, statistical and actuarial studies, customer management.
- Marketing and commercial prospecting operations
Sewan Belgium may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (commercial actions, personalised advertising, profiling, data matching, reputation, etc.), in order to improve knowledge of your person and your needs and to inform you of its activities, products and services and to send you commercial offers. Your data may also be communicated to other companies or intermediaries of Sewan Belgium for direct marketing for similar purposes.
With a view to offering the most appropriate services in relation to direct marketing, this personal data may be communicated to companies and/or persons acting as subcontractors or service providers for the benefit of Sewan Belgium.
These processing operations are necessary in the legitimate interests of Sewan Belgium consisting in the development of its economic activity. Where appropriate, such processing may be based on the consent of the data subject.
Purpose of contract performance
Purpose related to the deposit of cookies on your browser.
- Our commitment to protecting your personal data
We know that maintaining the confidentiality of personal data is essential to maintaining your trust and we have therefore put in place procedures to protect your data from unauthorised use or disclosure.
We have a data protection team to ensure data security in all our business lines.
We offer you constantly updated prevention and protection solutions thanks to a thorough analysis of the risks you face. To this end, we collect your personal data and use it in compliance with the law.
We have established procedures and contractual provisions to require all our employees, sales representatives, consultants and service providers to maintain the confidentiality of your data.
Our customers may entrust us with personal data that we need to provide them with the electronic communications services they specifically require - both at the time of initial subscription and during the life of the policy. We consider ourselves the custodians of this data. We may in some cases offer products to our customers in collaboration with other companies, but only when we are convinced that these products represent real added value for our customers.
Sewan Belgium has taken all the necessary measures to preserve the confidentiality of personal data and to protect itself against any unauthorised access, misuse, modification or deletion of such data. To this end, Sewan Belgium follows security and continuity of service standards and regularly evaluates the level of security of its processes, systems and applications as well as those of its partners.
- Recipients of the data
In order to best meet your needs and offer you the most appropriate services in relation to the aforementioned purposes, your personal data may be communicated to other companies in relation with Sewan Belgium and/or to persons in relation with them (lawyers, medical consultants, experts, service providers, etc.) and/or intermediaries (salesmen, White Label, etc.).
- Transfers outside the European Union
Where appropriate, the third parties to whom your personal data is disclosed may be located both within and outside the European Union. In the event of data transfers to third parties located outside the European Union, Sewan Belgium complies with the legal and regulatory provisions in force regarding such transfers and, in particular, ensures an adequate level of protection for the personal data thus transferred, on the basis of the solutions imposed or recommended by the European Commission or imposed by the Regulations in force.
- Data retention period
Sewan Belgium may store and process your personal connection data for a period of 12 months. This storage period starts from the last connection. It also applies to personal data recorded by means of cookies.
Other data, processed for the purposes defined in other documents, contractual or otherwise, may be kept for different periods of time.
- Right of access, rectification, erasure, limitation and opposition - portability of data
- obtain confirmation from Sewan Belgium that personal data concerning you is or is not being processed and, when it is processed, to access this data;
- - have your personal data that are inaccurate or incomplete corrected and, if necessary, to have them completed;
- - have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
- to limit the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- oppose, for reasons relating to its particular situation, the processing of personal data based on the legitimate interests of Sewan Belgium ;
- - oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for direct marketing purposes;
- not be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, producing legal effects concerning you or affecting you significantly; however, if this automated processing is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract, you have the right to obtain human intervention on the part of Sewan Belgium, to express your point of view and to contest Sewan Belgium's decision;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to Sewan Belgium, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; to transmit these data to another data controller, when (i) the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or for the purposes of executing a contract and (ii) the processing is carried out using automated processes; and to obtain that your personal data are transmitted directly from one data controller to another, when this is technically possible ;
- - withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to processing carried out lawfully prior to the withdrawal of your consent, where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent.
Contact Sewan Belgium
- You can contact Sewan Belgium to exercise your rights by post, dated and signed, or by e-mail, accompanied by a photocopy of both sides of your identity card or any other document officially proving your identity, addressed to :
Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO)
2 cité Paradis,
75010, Paris France
- Sewan Belgium will process the requests within the time limits provided for by law. Except in the case of a manifestly unfounded or excessive request, no payment will be required for the processing of its requests.
Lodging a complaint
If you feel that STARSNET is not complying with the relevant regulations, you are invited to contact Sewan Belgium as a matter of priority.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at the following address:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse, 35
Phone + 32 2 274 48 00
Fax + 32 2 274 48 35
or by using the form you can find on the Authority's website: https: //www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/citoyen/agir/contact.
You can also lodge a complaint with the court of first instance in your place of residence.
"Cookies" are small files stored on your hard drive or mobile device that enable us to record certain information about your visit, which we can read during a subsequent visit. They enable us to recognise your browser during your visit to our website ('session cookie') or during future repeat visits ('permanent cookie'). The presence of cookies saves you, in particular, from having to re-enter your language preferences (choice of navigation language).
The Sewan Belgium server can only read the cookies it has placed itself; it does not have access to other information on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device in your browser's directory. The contents of a cookie generally consist of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiration date and a unique encrypted code.
The information is stored for 12 months.
You can prevent the storage of "cookies" on your computer or mobile device by configuring your browser (please refer to the online help of your web browser). You can also delete the cookies stored on your computer or mobile device.
You can contact our DPO committee by post at the following address:
Data Protection Committee
2 Cité Paradis
Or by email at the following address: email@example.com
Sources and references: